- mathematical modelling of physical processes
- data assimilation
- land surface processes
- hydrology and flooding
I am currently working on the Hydro-JULES project. My work is focussed on improving the representation of the processes controlling soil moisture in land surface models such as JULES. I also have experience of
- running a hydrodynamic model for inundation forecasting
- ensemble data assimilation
- using earth observation data in a river flooding context
- FORTRAN and Python
- 2014- 2019 PhD (Part time): 'Improving flood prediction using data assimilation'.
- 2000 -2002 PhD: 'Application of polymer ageing models to cable geometry and time-to-failure distributions'.
- 1995-1999 MPhys Physics with Astrophysics.